Virginia Beach, VA.- The Virginia Beach Fire Department HazMat teams responded to four separate Hazmat incidents Thursday.
Around 2 p.m., fire crews were dispatched to a reported commercial fire at a business in the 2700 Block of Sonic Drive.
Crews found smoke showing from the warehouse area of the business that contained cleaning chemicals. The fire progressed to the ceiling, and sprinkler heads in the building activated to contain the fire.
The fire involved cleaning solvents (mineral spirit) and floor wax. HazMat crews monitored the business and surrounding area to ensure the water run-off and atmosphere was not hazardous.
Fire officials said the building suffered minor to moderate fire damage.
Hazmat crews were called to Ferrellgas at 109 Freight Lane around 8:10 a.m, where a 2800 gallon tank of propane was leaking.
In another incident, hazmat crews were called to Air Rail Ave. because a package/large box, labeled nitric acid was on fire outside the UPS building.
There are no hazards to area businesses and no one was injured. The incidents were ruled accidental and unintentional.