Ankeney, IA – OSHA has cited the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for obstructing exit routes and failing to train employees at the postal facility in Ankeny, Iowa. OSHA proposed $184,694 in penalties.
OSHA inspected the facility after receiving a complaint from the National Association of Letter Carriers.
OSHA cited USPS for blocking exit routes with mail hampers, tubs, and packages, and failing to train employees on emergency action procedures.
Woodland Park, NJ – Eastern Contractors LLC is facing $19,890 in penalties for exposing employees to falls and other safety hazards at a worksite in Paterson, New Jersey.
OSHA initiated an investigation in October 2018 after the Paterson Police Department notified the agency that an employee suffered a fatal fall during roofing removal and replacement work.
Agency inspectors determined the following:
- The company exposed employees to fall hazards;
- Failed to cover roof openings;
- Provide a fall protection system; and
- Train workers on safety hazards present at the worksite.
Naples, FL – OSHA has cited Stettinius Construction Inc. for exposing employees to safety hazards after a worker suffered a fatal fall at a worksite in Naples, Florida.
OSHA cited the contractor for:
- Failing to provide a fall protection system;
- Train employees on ladders safety and recognition of potential fall hazards; and
- Allowing employees to use a portable ladder that did not extend above the landing.
The remodeling contractor faces $26,142 in proposed penalties.