Natural Gas Leak Causes Home to Explode

HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS, Ill – A home in Hollywood Heights, Illinois exploded Saturday evening and crews believe it was caused by natural gas.

The incident happened around 6:30 p.m. on Hollywood Heights Road, near Route 159.

The Hollywood Heights Fire Department said when they arrived it was too hot to go inside.

No one was injured. The owner was not in the home at the time of the burst, but was notified shortly after.

The home is a two-story house. Crews worked overnight to fight hot spots.

Debris from the explosion was found in neighboring yards.