NORTH GREENBUSH, N.Y. – Hazmat crews were called to investigate the cloud of yellow smoke on Valley View Boulevard in North Greenbush Tuesday afternoon.
Authorities said the pool maintenance crew at the premises accidentally mixed myriadic acid and chlorine. One of the maintenance crew had trouble breathing and an ambulance brought him to the hospital.
Police told nearby residents to shelter-in-place, but offered a cooling center because crews had to turn off the AC in one building.
Hazmat crews will be back later today to monitor the air quality.