CICERO, N.Y. -Police and fire personnel responded to an ammonia leak at the Clinton’s Ditch Cooperative Sunday night around 10:30 p.m.
According to emergency dispatchers, the leak was caused by a blown release valve. Maintenance personnel at the plant were able to secure the spill and the leak was stopped around 11:10 p.m.
The Cicero Fire Department, Cicero Police Department and EMS responded to complaints of fumes at the facility. Upon arrival, the fire department initially requested a hazardous materials representative from the county.
At least 10 people were evacuated from the facility. There were no reports of injuries.
Clinton’s Ditch as it stands today is a high-volume producer of various types of carbonated soft drinks, seltzers, energy drinks and purified water.