Fall safety tops the OSHA list of citations, and adding to that is a Chicago, IL masonry company that has been cited for repeat fall and scaffolding violations.
Polo Masonry Builders Inc. have been warned and cited 13 times in the last nine years, for violating fall and scaffolding standards.
The group now faces a $252,136 fine and is a part of OSHA’s Severe Violator Enforcement Program.
OSHA inspectors cited the company for:
- Repeat and other-than-serious safety violations including its failure to install guardrail systems on platforms;
- Failing to provide safe access to scaffold work platforms;
- Failure to use rebar caps to protect employees from implement hazards;
- Lack of documented fall protection training; and
- Failing to submit injury and illness logs.
OSHA offers compliance assistance resources on how to prevent falls from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs on its Fall Protection webpage.