One Person Hospitalized After Chemical Spill


Madison, WI – The Madison Fire Department said its hazardous materials team was called to Waltco Package Delivery Service in the 800 block of Burton Boulevard at 2:15 a.m. An employee reported that his co-worker had been exposed to some sort of gas.

Fire officials said muriatic acid was leaking from the back of a delivery truck behind the warehouse. Three gallons leaked onto the floor of the truck and the ground outside. It’s not known how the spill occurred.

The hazmat team removed and secured the damaged containers.

One person was taken to UW Hospital for evaluation but was released right away.