Itasca, IL – The National Safety Council has announced the 2016 CEOs Who “Get It,” presented annually to organizational leaders who demonstrate continued and outstanding dedication to employee safety and well-being both on and off the job.
This year’s CEOs represent national and multinational organizations of all sizes.
Each honoree has built his or her organization’s safety strategy using four key components: leadership and employee engagement, safety management solutions, risk reduction and performance measurement.
These four pillars are the basis for the Council’s Journey to Safety Excellence, a process of continuous improvement with a goal of zero harm.
This year’s recipients are:
- Gerard Anderson, Chairman and CEO, DTE Energy
- Andrea E. Bertone, President, Duke Energy International
- Col. Michael Farrell, Commander, Sacramento District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Carol Johnson, President and CEO, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- Bill Koziel, President and CEO, SAC Wireless
- Edward J. Sheehan Jr., President and CEO, Concurrent Technologies Corp.
- Phil Washington, CEO, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority