Chemical Fire Prompts Hazmat Scare in Middleboro, MA


MIDDLEBORO, Mass. – A chemical fire on Pine Street prompted a Hazmat scare overnight.

The fire, which police say broke out around 9:30 p.m. on Thursday at the A&W Maintenance Company building, sent plumes of gas into the air.

Residents were told to turn off their air conditioners and close their windows.

Pine Street was closed for a time while firefighters worked to get the flames out.

Residents were told to shelter in place. The order was lifted just before 4 a.m. today.

No further information was immediately available.